Root CNC Forum Electronics Connecotrs

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Newbery 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

djkingsley
    Participant

What is the name of the silver connectors I assume there is one  for each steppers and have 4 pins?

the DB9 connection I assume is for the end stops? What are the pin assignments?

Marcus Gustafsson
    Participant

The connectors are called XLR or Aviation plugs, I bought these.

DB9 pinout does not matter, as long as you do the same in the RAMPS end.

fabrice
    Participant

instead of using 4 xlr and one db9, you can use 5 xlr (with 4 pin)

for endstop (1pin for ground and 3 pin for each axis)

Marcus Gustafsson
    Participant

I’m building with 6 endstops (min and max on each axis) so I think using DB9 is a great choice with good availability of cables.

djkingsley
    Participant

thank you, I am going with min/max endstops on all three axis.

djkingsley
    Participant

Next question, in the picture below there are two connectors, what are these connectors called and what do they do? thanks.

Menneset
    Participant

The above connectors look like banana jacks, but what they are for I am not sure.

Back to the aviation plugs, what size plug are you using with which size of wire?

The Panel.stl will accommodate a 12mm plug, but there is no way that will accept an 18 gauge wire.

Peter Newbery
    Participant

The aviation plug are GX12-4 😉 I only used them for the Stepper Motors, which were 24AWG I think.

the banana plugs are used for the Z probe. I use this for referencing and also PCB probing.

David Smith
    Participant

What’s this about a Z probe?  What are you using for the probe, and how are you mounting it?

Peter Newbery
    Participant

I used the Z probe main for PCBs, though it just a crocodile clip which I temporarily clip to the spindle and then have a touch pad to create the circuit. I currently use a bit of FR4 PCB for my touchpad, though I am looking at purchasing one of these.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.